One of the challenges of a developer is to promote his applications. For the last three years, I have been active with the developers especially with the Windows Phone expertise. I have seen countless of Windows Phone links. Last year, on my favourite social network Twitter, they introduced a feature that lets you preview an image with a fixed size directly on your twitter feed. In January, I was pondering how to take advantage of this new feature. I came up with a simple idea, which became App Promo.
App Promo has two goals. The first one is to help developers promote their applications in a more attractive way than simply providing a download link. The second is to help people download an app more quickly. I find that downloading an app via a QR Code is both convenient and fast.
I have created two applications one for Windows and one Windows Phone. Both applications have the goal of creating a promotional picture for a Windows Phone app. Each version has its own advantages.
App Promo for Windows
• Share the promotional pictures using the Share charm
• Share the promotional pictures into disk
• Background color can be changed
• A custom URL can be used in the QR-Code
The Windows Store version is FREE. You can pay to remove ads.
App Promo for Windows Phone
• Share the promotional pictures on Twitter and Facebook
• Share the promotional pictures with installed applications
• Retrieve the promotional pictures from your Camera Roll
The Windows Phone version is FREE. You can pay to remove ads.